Bromley Mytime (BMT) is a Leisure Trust and Registered Charity (NPDO). We are a social enterprise delivering a range of cultural services focusing on sports and arts.
As a charitable company our surplus profits are reinvested to improve the quality of facilities and services to benefit all of Bromley’s residents. In 2008 BMT developed an innovative project called ‘ArtsTrain’ which engages and develops the most ‘at risk’ young people within the borough.
The project will transform the social and cultural landscape for young people in the most deprived areas within Bromley by increasing young people’s aspirations, self-esteem and life skills.
The project will provide targeted free programmes in the very heart of these young people’s communities therefore reducing travel, cost and confidence barriers, which prevent many young people from engaging with activities and services. Multi-agency working between our statutory and third sector partner agencies such as; Youth Service, Affinity Sutton Housing, Schools and the Youth Offending Team will ensure that early identification and intervention will be provided for young people who need our support.
• Provides open access community music technology/MCing/ DJing/ Singing and dance sessions
• Offers of nationally recognised accreditations in music and dance.
• Delivers a structured volunteering/assistant tutor programme (Building the project’s sustainability).
• Hosts business training programmes, giving young people career advice and development pathways.
• Provides performance opportunities through Big Dance, London Jazz Festival and many more partnerships. These events allow the young people to showcase their talent and raise a positive profile for young people in London.